Ecommerce Content Marketing: hacks for ease and speed for the solopreneur content-marketer
Who among us, solopreneur content-marketers, doesn’t look at Amazon’s ecommerce success in awe?
Have you ever wondered what exactly Amazon does in ecommerce content marketing? Have you ever wondered why it is so powerful?
I must confess I have.
The thing is that we all at some stage dream of having an “estore”. Amazon lives before us every day as a shining example of earth-shattering success.
Somewhere in us too, is the vision of selling products and services by the millions and raking in all the moolah. The idea of such vast wealth from “passive incomes” is even more tempting.
And every day, as we buy stuff from Amazon, we go through this magnetic experience that draws us to buy more and more. “Surely that’s replicable”, we say to ourselves.
But the truth is that there’s both great good news and great bad news on Content Marketing & Ecommerce businesses …
The great good news?
- U.S. retail e-commerce sales will surpass 735 billion by 2023.
- 42% of consumers search for and buy products or services online.
- 48% of all e-commerce transactions are from repeat customers.
The great bad news?
- There’s an 80% to 98% failure rate for e-commerce businesses.
- 69.89% of online shoppers abandon their shopping carts.
- Poor content marketing is among top 3 reasons for failure.
We can learn to be at least a fraction of Amazon by studying Amazon’s content marketing. That small success is enough, because even that could mean potential earnings in hundreds of thousands!