Let’s start at the beginning because we need some frank talk.
- Are you a solopreneur who has some email subscribers?
- If yes, do you send them regular newsletters?
- Do you know if your newsletters fall into junk folders of subscribers?
- Do you know if people care to open your un-junked newsletters?
- If people do open your newsletters, do they bother to click through (or do they “mark as read” and trash)?
- If people click on your newsletters, are they read with interest or eyeballed at speed?
- If people read your newsletters, do they love them? Want to keep getting them? Look forward to them?
- Or do you live in eternal fear that subscribers are itching to hit the “unsubscribe” link?
Phew! Look at all the loving care you put into a newsletter (after your blog, it’s your most written content). And yet, every newsletter of yours doesn’t know how long it will stay alive!
Ask yourself: Is this the fate of only your newsletters – or every marketer’s newsletters? Newsletter marketing statistics show another rosy side:
- Active email accounts have hit 5.6 billion by 2019.
- 73 percent of millennials prefer communications from businesses to come via email.
- Newsletters are by far their preferred way to receive updates from brands.
- 99% of consumers check their email every day.
- 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions.
- Newsletter readers spend 80% more time on the website that sends them these messages.
- Email generates $38 for every $1 spent, which is an astounding 3,800% ROI.
- 72% of people cited email as their preferred source for promotional content.
Are your newsletters not enjoying the benefits of these kinds of Email Marketing Content statistics? Buddy, you’ve got a big strategy revamp coming!