This guide aims to bring you six different nuances to the key concepts involved in starting content marketing for your solopreneur business. Starting your content marketing calls for putting all your strategy into implementation and action mode. It also calls for making some wise buying choices when you’re deciding on the tools and platforms you need to get started with.
Starting content marketing from scratch is a lot easier than course-correcting your content marketing after you’ve started on a set of wrong principles. Smart solopreneurs would avoid any route to future problems. You have to think hard about the strategy you have in mind, and think long-term with any buying decisions. Even if you start small with a small budget, it isn’t a problem, so long as you have also thought about how and when you might like to scale later and see whether the choices you are making can go the distance with your plans.
What’s in Solohacks Academy Speed Guide 8?
The best choices solopreneurs can make to set up websites and blogs!
Setting up websites and blogs for solopreneur businesses, ready for a high-growth trajectory requires wise choices to be made. You won’t be making such choices everyday – and once you do, you have to live with the decisions you take.
There are many ready-to-go and do-it-yourself solutions out there, that make life for solopreneurs utterly easy. But unless you know the basics for making good choices, you may get trapped into buying solutions that won’t scale, or won’t flexibly adapt as technology and your market changes.
- Why choose blogging as your content format and WordPress as your blogging platform?
- Your core starter content marketing system and its four main components
- Putting the implementation plan together – your summary of basic activities
- With Studiopress Sites and Mailchimp, everything falls into place at a snap, at $24 a month!
Designing a solopreneur business website to look like a million bucks!
Designing a solopreneur business website and blog needs no one but you, the content-marketer solopreneur, even if you have no coding or design background. Time was when designing a site used to require special assistance from pricey designers and coders … till we started getting absolutely ready-to-customize-and-run WordPress based site design “themes”.
Nowadays, it’s all a matter of marginally tweaking the already-99%-ready-theme, and hey presto, you can have a bells and whistles site and blog, that not only looks like a million bucks, but is also mobile-responsive and ready to roll within a matter of minutes or hours.
- Choosing and customizing the right website and blog design theme
- Putting in the mandatory pages of your site to build trust and authenticity
- The user-experience factors of your site and how to ensure they’re perfect
- The SEO-related factors of your site and how to ensure they are perfect
Packing your solopreneur content calendar inventively and manageably!
Your content calendar is actually the meeting point where your solopreneur content marketing strategy transmutes itself into implementation. It’s wrong to think that if you calendar is full of brilliant blog post topics, it will be the right way to go.
The point about the content calendar that most solopreneurs don’t realize is that, if you fill it well, it should help you target and capture the kind of audiences you want in the smartest possible way – by filling your calendar with article ideas in the right order that reinforces your expert position to audiences.
- The first step is to mindmap the key topics that will project you as a niche authority
- The second step is to match content with what target audiences are looking for
- The third step is to put article ideas into your calendar for completing each day
- The fourth step is to ensure that all articles under each topic are interlinked
How solopreneurs can learn to write like pros with force and authority!
Writing like a pro for content marketing gets easier with time and practice. Most content-marketing solopreneurs struggle initially, but become adept soon enough. When writing like a polished pro, it’s not so much about grammar, headlines, being a good copywriter or having a journalistic background. All these are important, but most important of all is to find the fun in writing, and to find your “mojo”.
Falling in love with the writing habit helps improve your quality, make readers sigh with satisfaction, makes you original and shows you how to write differently for different people. It’s not a science, it’s an art.
- 4 ideas that can boost the creative quality of content you produce!
- 6 ways to write content that makes readers sigh with satisfaction!
- 3 ways to ensure you’re an absolute original and not a copycat!
- Writing for your customers versus writing for your influencer network
Winning solopreneurs have two arms but many skills in content marketing!
There can be many skills to learn in content marketing. Solopreneurs in the content marketing sphere would need elementary practical skills in things like writing, photo editing, sound recording, coding, data management – and the knowledge of how to work with WordPress.
But beyond this kind of knowledge, for which there are plenty of books or outsourced help, you need a macro approach in your marketing repertoire. There are also some soft skills no one talks about that are crucial. It’s actually savvy you need, more than just skills.
- The 3 skills you need to handle volumes of data, information and content
- The 2 skills you need to handle the capture and retention of targeted audiences
- The 2 skills you need to handle the challenges of a changing technology landscape
- The 3 skills you need to be a star at the bleeding edge of the online world
Solopreneurs who fear SEO may be dead need to believe in reincarnation!
Is SEO really dead? Even those who do believe that SEO, after all these years, is finally dead, seem to accept there there is now going to an SEO “reincarnation”. The old SEO is gone forever – but it’s place is going to be born a new being that seems to fit in with a “technological leap” we are about to experience.
The real interesting thing is what experts see on the horizon. SEO is going to be impacted by the Internet Of Things (IoT), Voice-Search, and Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality. The new reincarnated SEO isn’t fully here yet, but it could be arriving any moment!
- A brief history of SEO – then and now. Are you at least at the present?
- The 3 silly old SEO methods that are well past their “sell by date”!
- The new “topic clusters” for site structure are more meaningful tactics!
- Where the future and the total reincarnation of SEO can be expected …