This document is part of our total set of Policy Documents as listed below. Do please ensure that you read all of these documents, as they operate together.
Last updated as of April 2021
This legal agreement is an electronic record in terms of the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions about electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
This Website is created and operated by M/s SOLOHACKS® ACADEMY, (hereinafter referred to as “We”, “Our”, and “Us”) and operating under the brand name “SOLOHACKS®” (“Brand name”). We intend to ensure your steady commitment to the usage of this website and the services provided by us through our website “https://solohacks-academy.com” (“Website”).
SOLOHACKS® ACADEMY is a comprehensive online resource for solopreneurs. Our mission is to provide other solopreneurs and their businesses worldwide a place to learn the skills, strategies, techniques, tactics and tools anyone needs to run a solo online business.
We offer a variety of programs for our users as listed below:
- SOLOHACKS ACADEMY COMMUNITY EMAILING LIST & COMMUNITY FORUM: Here subscribed users can access newsletters, tutorials, videos, and the use of our discussion forum and other resources without charge.
- SOLOHACKS STORE: Here any visitor to our website will pay for the resources they wish to purchase from our Store, if these are our own products and services. Or they may click affiliate links we provide to go to other sellers’ websites to purchase their products, for which we may receive affiliate commissions from such sellers.
- SOLOHACKS ACADEMY MENTORING SERVICES: For users seeking mentoring facilities, we provide 60-minute mentoring sessions for a charge. Users can opt for a call for an agenda-driven or open-ended conversation to solve business problems, brainstorm ideas or discuss business topics or trends which they want to understand better.
Users must note that our Website allows users to register on our website for use of our Community Forum. Such registration enables users to have limited permissions in the use of the Forum, namely as “Subscribers”.
When users subscribe to join our Solohacks Academy Community to receive our newsletters and emails and use our Community Forum, we will register them as subscribers on our website and supply them with login credentials such as a Login ID and Password. Users will not have to pay any charges to subscribe to the Solohacks Academy Community or to use the Community Forum. Subscribing to the Solohacks Academy Community will require users to provide us their names and email addresses.
As a responsible platform we do not allow the linking of social media websites.
- You shall not use the Website if you are not competent to contract or are disqualified from doing so by any other applicable law, rule or regulation currently in force.
For making all payments for purchases on the Website, you shall be required to make payment for which you will be redirected to a third-party payment gateway that we may have an agreement with. The payment gateway may additionally seek information from you to process the payment for your purchase and additionally may charge you the payment gateway charges that may be applicable. The payment gateway consists of Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI and other wallet options. You shall be governed under the concerned payment gateway’s Terms and Conditions and other Policies for the purpose of all payment-related aspects.
Content & Behavior
All text, graphics, User interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, brand names, descriptions, sounds, music and artwork (collectively, ‘Content’), may be generated/provided or based on information provided by the users or third parties and We have no control and make no guarantees regarding the quality, the accuracy, integrity or genuineness of such content or such other information provided on the Website.
All the Content displayed on the Website is subject to copyright and shall not be reused by You (or a third party) without the prior written consent from Us and the copyright owner.
You are solely responsible for the integrity, authenticity, quality, and genuineness of any content provided by You on the Website and whilst feedback and comments by You can be made via the Website, we bear no liability whatsoever for any feedback or comments made by the other Users or made in respect of any of your content on the Website. Further, the Website reserves its right to suspend the account of any User for an indefinite period to be decided at the discretion of the Website or to terminate the account of any User who is found to have created or shared or submitted any content or part thereof that is found to be untrue/inaccurate/misleading or offensive/vulgar. You shall be solely responsible for making good any financial or legal losses incurred through the creation/sharing/submission of Content or part thereof that is deemed to be untrue/inaccurate/misleading.
You have a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited privilege to access the content on the Website. You shall not copy, adapt, and modify any content without written permission from Us.
Users hereby agree to additionally read and abide by the Rules of our Community Forum (posted on the Forum) which prohibit certain types of content and behavior. The Rules are generally indicative of the content quality and behavioral standards we expect of users, but may not be exhaustive. In any event, we reserve the sole right to decide if user postings on the Forum are acceptable or not, even if the Rules do not expressly say so. If postings by users do not meet our standards, as decided by us, we may either amend or totally disallow the postings to remain on the Forum. In extreme cases, we may also decide to suspend the membership of the user if his/her content and behavior on the Forum is unacceptable to us, in the interests of maintaining goodwill on the Forum.
- Your use of the Website;
- Your violation of any rights of another;
- Your conduct in connection with the Website.
You agree to fully cooperate in indemnifying Us at your expense. You also agree not to settle with any party without consent from Us.
In no event shall we be liable to compensate You or any third party for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages whatsoever, including those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not foreseeable, and whether or not You had been advised of the possibility of such damages, or based on any theory of liability, including breach of contract or warranty, negligence or other tortuous action, or any other claim arising out of or in connection with Your use of or access to the Website and/or the Services or materials contained therein.
Limitation Of Liability
- We are not responsible for any consequences arising out of the following events:
- If the Website is inoperative/non-responsive due to any connectivity errors associated with the internet connection such as but not limited to slow connectivity, no connectivity, server failure;
- If you have fed incorrect information or data or for any deletion of data;
- If there is an undue delay or inability to communicate through email;
- If there is any deficiency or defect in the Services managed by Us;
- If there is a failure in the functioning of any other service provided by Us.
- The Website accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, on behalf of itself, or for any damage caused to You, Your belongings, or any third party, resulting from the use or misuse of the Website or any service availed of by Us through the Website. The service and any Content or material displayed on the service is provided without any guarantees, conditions, or warranties as to its accuracy, suitability, completeness, or reliability. We will not be liable to you for the unavailability or failure of the Website.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, We shall not be liable to You or any other party for any loss or damage, regardless of the form of action or basis of any claim. You acknowledge and agree that your sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute with us is to terminate your use of the Website.
- You may terminate your use of the Website at any time. You may choose to “unsubscribe from our Solohacks Academy Community by clicking the “Unscubscribe Link” available at the bottom of all our emails and newsletters. Unsubscribing will also terminate your use of the Community Forum.
- Such suspension or termination shall not limit our right to take any other action against you that we consider appropriate.
- It is also hereby declared that we may discontinue the Services and Websites without any prior notice.
- We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to unilaterally terminate Your access to the Website, or any portion thereof, at any time, without notice or cause.
- We also reserve the universal right to deny access to You, to any/all of features on our Website without any prior notice/explanation to protect the interests of the Website and/or other Users to the Website.
- We reserve the right to limit, deny or create different access to the Website and its features concerning different Users, or to change any of the features or introduce new features without prior notice.
By using this Website and providing Your identity and contact information to Us through the Website, You agree and consent to receive calls, emails or SMS from Us and/or any of our representatives at any time.
You can report to email@example.com if you find any discrepancy with regard to Website or content-related information and we will take necessary action after an investigation. The response with resolution (if any issues found) shall be dependent on the time taken for investigation.
User Obligations And Formal Undertakings As To Conduct
You agree and acknowledges that you are a restricted user of this Website and You:
- Agree to provide genuine credentials during the process whenever required on the Website. You shall not use a fictitious identity to register. We are not liable if you have provided incorrect information.
- Agree to ensure the Name, Email address, Address, Mobile number and any such other information that may be provided during account registration is valid at all times and shall keep your information accurate and up-to-date.
- Agree that as the User You shall be entirely responsible for all activities that You shall undertake post making the booking with Us as the service provider/vendor and You as the User shall undertake sole responsibility towards any activities including but not limited to vehicle accidents, smuggling, trafficking, any illegal or prohibited activities. Further, You as the User shall waive all your rights to undertake any action against Us towards any breach of personally identifiable information.
- You agree that You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
- You as the User represent and warrant that You shall undertake to exclude any liability and hold Us, the vendor, harmless for any legal action that may arise for Us due to the Your activities as a User which may involve any type of illegal activities in which You undertake to use the services of the Us as vendors under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or for smuggling, trafficking etc which may or may not involve prohibited substances and commodities or if there arises any legal action against the company under the provisions of the Indian penal code.
- You as the User further represent and warrant that the negotiations and the discussions between You and Us shall be at the sole discretion of You and Us to accept and agree to. Such discussions and negotiations may include but not be limited to the payment and payment terms.
- You as the User represent and warrant that We as vendors shall have a limited liability to provide You the user with a basic acknowledgment on the condition of the Website that may be provided by Us as the vendor. However, We as the Vendor shall be solely responsible for all the quality and the condition of the Website provided by Us, the vendors, to You and You as the User shall in no manner bring out any suit or thereby any legal action against the company.
- You as the User represent and warrant that We as the vendor may offer other additional accidental insurance packages from any third parties, which will benefit the user. However, We as the vendor do not guarantee You the same at any time.
- You as the User authorize our Website to use, store or otherwise process certain personal information and all published Content, responses, locations, User comments, reviews and ratings for personalization of Services, marketing and promotional purposes and for optimization of User-related options and Services.
- You as the User are bound not to cut, copy, modify, recreate, reverse engineer, distribute, disseminate, post, publish or create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or obtained from our Website. Any such use/limited use of the Website will only be allowed with the prior express written permission.
- You as the User agree not to access (or attempt to access) our Website and/or the materials or Services by any means other than through the interface provided by the Website. The use of deep-link, robot, spider or other automatic devices, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or its content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website, materials or any content, or to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not specifically made available through the Website will lead to suspension or termination of your access to the Website. We disclaim any liabilities arising concerning such offensive content on the Website.
- You as the User expressly agree and acknowledge that the Content generated by the Users and displayed on the Website is not owned by Us and that We are in no way responsible for the content of the same. You may, however, report any offensive or objectionable content, which We may then remove from the Website, at our sole discretion.
You further undertake not to:
- Engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts access to our Website or the services provided therein (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Website);
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent his/her affiliation with a person or entity;
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on our Website or any network connected to the Website. You as the User may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information relating to any other User of, or visitor to our Website, or any other viewer of our Website, including any User account maintained on our Website not operated/managed by the User, or exploit our Website or information made available or offered by or through our Website, in any manner;
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to our Website, systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through our Website or any affiliated or linked Websites.
- Violate any code of conduct or guideline which may apply for or to any particular service offered on our Website;
- Violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations currently in force within or outside India;
- Commit any act that causes Us to lose (in whole or in part) the Services of its Internet Establishment (“ISP”) or in any manner disrupts the Services of any other supplier/service provider of our Website;
- You hereby expressly authorize Us to disclose any and all information relating to You in our possession to law enforcement or other government officials, as We may in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those involve personal injury and theft/infringement of intellectual property. You further understand that our Website might be directed to disclose any information (including the identity of persons providing information or materials on our Website) as necessary to satisfy any judicial Order, law, regulation or valid governmental request.
- By indicating Your acceptance to use any services offered on the Website, You are obligated to complete such transactions after making payment. You shall be prohibited from indicating their acceptance to avail services where the transactions have remained incomplete.
- You agree to use the services provided by Us, our affiliates, consultants and contracted companies, for lawful purposes only.
- You agree to provide authentic and true information. We reserve the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by You at any point in time. If upon confirmation such details are found to be false, not to be true (wholly or partly), We shall in our sole discretion reject the registration and debar You from using our Website without prior intimation whatsoever.
- You agree not to post any material on our Website that is defamatory, offensive, obscene, indecent, abusive, or needlessly distressful or advertising any goods or services. More specifically, You agree not to host, display, upload, update, publish, modify, transmit, or in any manner share any information that:
- belongs to another person and to which you have no right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- is in any way harmful to minors;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing;
- abuses, harasses, threatens, defames, disillusions, erodes, abrogates, demeans or otherwise violates the legal rights of others;
- impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents Your affiliation with a person or entity;
- publishes, posts, disseminates, any grossly harmful information, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatens or unlawfully harasses including but not limited to “indecent representation of women” within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offense or prevents investigation of any offense or is insulting any other nation.
Suspension Of User Access And Activity
Notwithstanding other legal remedies that may be available, we may in our sole discretion, limit your access and/or activity by immediately removing your access credentials either temporarily or indefinitely, or suspend/terminate your association with our Website, and/or refuse to the usage of our Website, without being required to provide you with notice or cause:
- If you have provided wrong, inaccurate, incomplete or incorrect information;
- If your actions may cause any harm, damage or loss to the other Users or Us, at our sole discretion.
Intellectual Property Rights
Furthermore, concerning our website, we shall be the exclusive owner of all the designs, graphics and the like, related to our Website.
You shall not use any of the intellectual property displayed on our Website in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among existing or prospective users of the website, or that in any manner disparages or discredits our Website, to be determined in our sole discretion.
You are aware all intellectual property, including but not limited to copyrights, relating to said services resides with the owners, and that at no point does any such intellectual property stand transferred from the aforementioned creators. You are aware that we merely provide our Website through which You can communicate with other users and the Website does not own any of the intellectual property relating to the independent content displayed on our Website, apart from created graphics and specified content.
Disclaimer Of Warranties And Liabilities
- You further agree and undertake that you are accessing our Website at your sole risk and are that you are using the best and prudent judgment before availing of any features on our Website or accessing/using any information displayed thereon.
- You agree that any kind of information, resources, activities, recommendations obtained/availed from our Website, written or oral, will not create any warranty and we disclaim all liabilities resulting from these.
- We do not guarantee that the features and content contained in our Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that our Website or its server will be free of viruses or other harmful components, and You hereby expressly accepts any associated risks involved with your use of our Website.
We will not be liable for damages for any delay or failure to perform our obligations hereunder if such delay or failure is due to cause beyond our control or without its fault or negligence, due to Force Majeure events including but not limited to acts of war, acts of God, earthquake, riot, fire, festive activities, sabotage, labour shortage or dispute, internet interruption, technical failure, breakage of sea cable, hacking, piracy, cheating, illegal or unauthorized.
Dispute Resolution And Jurisdiction
Arbitration: In the event that the Parties are unable to amicably resolve a dispute, the said dispute will be referred to arbitration by a sole arbitrator to be appointed by us, and the award passed by such sole arbitrator will be valid and binding on all parties. All cost of the Arbitration shall be borne solely in accordance with the Arbitrators award. The arbitration shall be conducted in English, and the seat of Arbitration shall be the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.